Childcare Aware offers free, valuable, and reliable resources:
- Child Care Connector is an easy-to-use tool that will help you locate child care resource and referral agencies in your local area.
- Child Care 101 guides you through the steps of finding childcare and evaluating providers.
- Helpful Tools that will help you make decisions about how to fit child care into your budget
- Are You Aware is a monthly email newsletter that will keep you informed about high quality child care.
- Free helpful publications that can be delivered by mail or downloaded on the spot.
- Childcare Aware Parent Network is a connection with other parents just like you
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and brought to you by The National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies, Child Care Aware has helped parents define and locate high-quality child care for more than 20 years. https://childcareaware.org/
University Child Care Center (UCCC)
500 South Avenue (in the South Street Christian Church)
This facility is licensed by the Division of Family Services of the State of Missouri for children ages 2-5; children up to twelve years old during summer session.
Hours of operation are from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. Summer hours are from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday. Daytime child care services are provided according to the Missouri State University academic calendar.
UCCC serves the students, faculty and staff of Missouri State University, the host church, and the community. You can register your children at the center on a semester basis. Efforts are made to accommodate the parent's variable schedules whenever possible.
Fees are collected in advance based on the hours each child is enrolled in the program. Breakfast, lunch and a snack are provided at a minimal cost.
For more information and hourly rates, contact the director at 417-866-0980 or visit them on the web at www.missouristate.edu/uccc/.
Missouri State University Child Development Center (CDC)
609 E. Cherry Street (in the addition to the Professional Building)
This is a laboratory on the Missouri State University campus that is housed in a new facility specially designed for infants, toddlers, two’s, and preschoolers.
Hours of operation are from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. The laboratory is open year round including between semesters and semester breaks. It follows the Missouri State University Staff Calendar for holiday closings and for snow days.
Enrollment is open to children of students, faculty, staff and the community. The laboratory accepts children ages six weeks to five years of age, for full-time enrollment only.
For more information, please contact the Center at 417-836-7650 or them on the web at https://education.missouristate.edu/cdc/.