The Purdy Emerging Leaders Scholarship
The Purdy Emerging Leader Scholarship program is designed to provide scholarships to candidates who demonstrate leadership, character and academic performance.
How much does this scholarship provide?
Scholarships are available at the discretion of the Missouri Scholarship & Loan Foundation in accordance with program rules and applicable law. All scholarship applications will be considered, provided that funding designated for this program remains available. Program funding will be determined annually by the Missouri Scholarship & Loan Foundation.
- The Purdy Emerging Leaders Scholarship has an award amount of up to $5,000 per academic year.
- It is renewable for up to a total of three years.
Am I eligible?
- You must be a Missouri resident.
- An undergraduate sophomore, junior or senior attending a Missouri 4-year or 2-year higher education institution for the current academic year.
- Enrolled full-time and making satisfactory academic progress.
- Generally, a cumulative college GPA of 2.50 or higher is required.
- Student’s EFC range as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will factor into decision. Unmet need will also be a factor.
- Provide a recommendation from an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual at the institution.
What is the application process?
- Scholarship opportunity will open January 1 on My Scholarship Central.
- Before you start, you will need a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) generated from the FAFSA, your most recent college transcript, and your Financial Aid Award Offer from your school.
- Go to myscholarshipcentral.org/apply and click “Apply Now”.
- On the top right of the page, click “Sign In” if you already have a My Scholarship Central account, or “Sign Up” if you’ve never used the site.
- Enter your email and password. If you are a new user, you will receive a confirmation email and must click the link in the email to validate your account.
- Complete the General Application if you have not done so this year.
- After submitting the General Application, you should see the Purdy Emerging Leaders Scholarship on your list of Recommended Opportunities. If not, click “Opportunities” in the blue bar and choose “Ours.” Search “Purdy”.
- Click the orange “Apply” button next to the opportunity name. After completing the application, click “submit” at the bottom right of the page.
*You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this document.
If you need assistance, Missouri State's Adult Student Services office can help.